Aqua Mandrel Production
Mandrels to fabricate hollow, seamless, one part composite structures
Our unique water soluble mandrel tooling material is suitable for serial or mass production of several thousand mandrels per month.
Unlike conventional mandrel materials, which must be tediously removed from composite lay-ups, our mandrels are readily soluble in tap water and easily washed away from the finish part without damaging the finish composite structure.
Our mandrels can be produced in almost any shape you can imagine.
Water-soluble mandrels save customers time and labour and allow them to utilize free production space for composite part fabrication rather than mandrel fabrication.
- Washes away with tap water
- No special disposal procedure
- Nontoxic and odorless
- No damage to composite part
- Less expensive in serial production than plaster eutectic salt mandrels
- Strong and lightweight
- Stable in autoclave conditions
- Air- / Cable ducts for Aerospace
- High pressure tanks
- Hat stiffener sections for aircrafts
- Flap support faring
- Manifold intakes
- Motorcycle wheels
- Automotive parts
- Honeycomb stabilisation
- Any hollow structural component