Special features are also possible on request:
- Flexible, stretchable for complex three-dimensional surfaces
- ATEX-Version for flightline hotbonders
- Radome geometries for Airbus, Boeing and others
- Custome shapes
- Very large heating blankets for high power
- Special shapes for engine cowlings, thrust reversers, air inlets, abradable seal
The heating wire is vulcanised between two layers of glassfibre reinforced
silicone rubber. This construction allows strength, flexibility, durability and
equal heat distribution.
As composite repairs get more and more complex and challenging, heat blankets are also used for general heating applications, e.g. for additional heating of back structures to avoid cold sinks and ensure a uniform thermal distribution.